COVID-19 Clinic Update
As of Thursday 14th May we are moving to alert level 2. This means we are again able to offer our full range of services. We kindly ask that all clients comply with the following measures:
- Avoid attendance if you are unwell.
- We ask that only one healthy adult accompany a pet into the clinic.
- We are working to keep the waiting room as clear as possible and social distancing rules will apply in the waiting room.
- If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us to discuss the best way for us to ensure your pet receives the best care available.
If you are coming to the clinic for an appointment:
- When you arrive at the clinic, please stay in your car and phone us to advise us of your arrival. We will either request that you stay in your car for a few minutes or to come to the front door where a staff member will let you in (the door will remain locked to ensure we can limit clients entering and maintain social distancing).
If you are coming to the clinic to collect a prepaid item (food, medications, flea and worm treatment):
- When you arrive at the clinic, please stay in your car and phone us to advise us of your arrival. We will bring your items to the front door of the clinic and place your items outside. Please do not come forward until the staff member has moved back into the building.
If you are coming to the clinic for patient admission:
- When you arrive at the clinic, please stay in your car and phone us to advise us of your arrival. We will ask you a few questions relating to the day, confirm that we have a completed consent form for the day, then ask you to safely place your pet at our back door (cats securely in cages, dogs securely on leash) for collection by our staff.
Dog & Cat Vaccinations
From Monday May 18 until the Monday June 6, Ourvets Riccarton will be only providing vaccinations for cats and dogs. No appointment is required, simply walk-in and your pet will receive the necessary vaccinations.
The clinic is located at 1 Ilam Rd Riccarton, Christchurch and will be open 10:30am – 6:30pm Monday – Friday.
Please note that if you don’t regularly attend an Ourvets clinic, you will need to bring your pets vaccination record with you. If you don’t have an up-to-date record, you can email your regular clinic who can email you your pet’s records.
If you are a Best for Pet Member and have yet to use your annual vaccination, then the vaccinations will be free as per the program.
If you require any services other than a vaccination, you will need to make an appointment with us.
We would like to reinforce that we will continue to maintain our disinfection measures within the clinic. If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us on 03 3832233 to discuss the best way for us to ensure your pet receives the best care.